Dear friends and family in Christ,
Some of you may know, some may not, that I work at Target. I am a part of a team of people who run the small cafe inside the store. We have a Team Leader who takes care of ordering supplies, and keeping us in order.
I've been praying that I can give glory to God through my work. Praying that others will see how different I am from the other employees, and that I would be able to be a good example to those who are close in age to me.
God be praised, He has been shining through me, and people have been noticing. I have received encouragement and gratitude for my hard work and good attitude...two things that (unfortunately) aren't very often seen behind the scenes at Target.
Now I want to make one thing clear...I take NO credit for anything good that I have done at work. I can take no credit for what people admire or think about me. God is working in my life, there is no doubt in my mind, but I am still a human sinner who needs a savior.
On Thursday, we received word that our team leader, Miguel, had a heart attack and was admitted into a local hospital. Being a smoker, this was not his first heart attack. But even so, he will probably be out of work for a while.
Basically, I was told today that if Miguel doesn't come back after his recovery, would I consider taking the role of Team Leader. This was quite a shock to me, I have only been working a month at Target, there are still things I am learning. I said I wasn't ready for such a position, but they said they all thought I would be the best choice.
Now, all this is IF Miguel DOESN'T come back. I am praying he does, I really enjoy talking to and learning from him.
I would ask you to pray for Miguel, that he would have a quick recovery, and (if God wills it) return to work as our Team Leader. Also, prayer for myself, that God would continue to shine through me, and that I would even be so bold to verbally give credit to Him for all the good that I do there.
Whatever the outcome, I will give God the glory, He has done amazing things...
and the cool part is....
...He's only getting warmed up.
God bless,
-Josh
3 comments:
Awesome stuff Josh - God is amazing.
Keep up the good work - I'll try to visit you more often... ;)
Wow. It is always awesome to know that God is working through you.
Keep being a light.
~Lady Tai
Hi! I was just browsing the blogosphere and ran into your blog. I thought I would comment (being as we all like to know who has been reading our blog) and say that you have some great writings! Keep seeking His will!
Paige
Post a Comment