Pages

We have a humanity too precious in the sight of God to neglect; we know a remedy for the ills of this world that is too wonderful to withhold; we have a Christ who is too glorious to hide; and we have an adventure that is too thrilling to miss. -Garlock

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Flynn Family Bash 2007

Thursday, Uncle Mike and his family arrived at our grandparent's house. Later, 10 of us went to play tennis....in the rain...What a time! The next day we got ready for the Family Cookout on Saturday...and the Rest of the Flynn Family Bash 2007!

Enjoy the picts!

The Guys



The "Triplets"



What a weirdo



Badminton Tourney



Protect the Castle


Elizabeth likes the taste of Nana'a Thumb



A wild game of Ultimate Frisbee


This was a cool throw. I flung it around uncle Jeff....through the swing set and into my teamates hands for a touchdown! I wish I could say I meant to do it.


L to R: Dad, Connor, Uncle Mike


Abi returns from her softball game (they lost). But my Cousin Steve and I went to her game two days later...and she hit a bases-loaded Triple to win the game...that's my cousin!

Hanneke laughing at dad.


talking...


eatin' good in the neighborhood


Men in black


Papa and Aunt Marianne



The cookout ended with a campfire and s'mores...yummmy!

After that, I took two of my cousins to go see Transformers. What a movie...I don't think I've ever seen so many explosions in my life.

The Next day we hung out, went swimming and played outside. That night, we all gathered to watch the Flynn's 4th of July musical.

A normal sight: A crowd in Nana's livingroom


Best theater in town....Nana'a Living room


Captivated

Hanneke hamming it up for the camera

Day 5: Super Smash Brothers Tournament!!

Today, we played SSB for over 6 hours. Jack came out on top as the best player.





Those waiting for their turn, looked at family pictures


What? I'm cold...


While the others played sequence and ate pizza, Steve, Papa, Uncle Mike and I went to Abi's game in the rain...she won 12-10.


Later ( 10 p.m.)...a few of us walked to Uncle Steve's house to watch Eragon. Here Jacob greets the camera while his sister eyes the chips. Oh yeah, and there's Jack striking a thoughtful pose.


um...this was a commercial for a Strawberry Shortcake movie...thrilling stuff.


Who dat?

After nearly a week of late night movies, video games, Tennis in the rain, baseball games, frisbee, badminton, swimming, cookouts and laughing your guts out...you realize the one thing you haven't done yet: SLEEP.






....yeah, it hit us kinda sudden like...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast and a half.

What is one of the "cousins" drawing during SSB? The one near Aidan.

Josh said...

It WAS our tournament brackets...but then Jack decided to draw a giant maze on the entire thing...both sides. Here he was just starting to draw it.

Anonymous said...

My family ROCKS THIS WORLD!!! :) :) :)