Yesterday I traveled up to Nashua, NH with my brother and my cousin Amanda to attend the first Dress rehearsal of Cyrano De Bergerac...directed by our Aunt: Cari Flynn.
Jon and I have been teaching a sword fight to CT and Adam, who play Cyrano and Valvert respectively. They have worked hard, broken necklaces, and hit each other one more than one occasion. So, I was a little apprehensive waling into the rehearsal yesterday...wondering how it was going to look.
Amanda went right to work with the girls hair...she's a whiz in anything that has to do with fashion...you can pay me later Amanda.
Jon and I hung downstairs for about two and a half hours while everyone got into their costumes and a few of the mothers tried to cover up adolescent blemishes with makeup.
Finally around 5 o'clock...we all headed upstairs to watch the first act...
The props were great....the actors looked fantastic...but nothing could compare to the sword fight. It was frantic, yet graceful. Well paced, yet quick and sharp.
It was all I could do not to stand up and yell at the top of my lungs...It looked magnificent! Adam's expressions were amazing, CT's dry humor and stoic face as he dueled was just what I imagined Cyrano to look like.
Thus, all in all....It was an amazing first act. My only regret was that we weren't able to stay for the rest of the play.
To all the cast and crew...
"You are amazing! I have no doubt that this will be the best play yet."
3 comments:
I just realized that you are from Mass. For some reason I had it stuck in my head that you were from Maine...probably because someone of the JT chat said that...and it got stuck in my head...
lol
Well...I humbly request an update.
~Lady Tai
P.S. I'm having a Western-themed mystery party for my graduation...too bad you don't live closer ("cowboy")!
lol
~Lady Tai
Dude... This is one slow blog.
Post a Comment