Pages

We have a humanity too precious in the sight of God to neglect; we know a remedy for the ills of this world that is too wonderful to withhold; we have a Christ who is too glorious to hide; and we have an adventure that is too thrilling to miss. -Garlock

Monday, April 4, 2011

The End of Another Chapter.

Well, on Thursday, April 7th 2011 I will be officially graduating from the Unashamed Ministries Bible Institute.

So much has happened during my two year stay here on Prince Edward Island. Some times I feel as if I've lived mutiple lifetimes. I realized that the reason for that may be the fact that God doesn't waste time. Ever since I gave my life over to seeking the Lord and working for Him, time seems to have sped up, as well as slowed down. I know it's sound wierd...I've just decided to call it: "GOD TIME". for the first 20 years of my life, I had been comfortable with living in "JOSH TIME". My comfortable, easy, self-seeking lifestyle catered to what i wanted to do and rarely thought of others, unless there was something in it for me of course. So needless to say, jumping from that life into a life dedicated to seeking the Lord and working for Him has been quite an adjustment. God seems to stretch time, or rather, slow time in order to do impossible amounts of good. It amazes me what the Lord has done during the past two years. It blows my mind. It's so impossible that I can't actully type it all out. There's so much that I wasn't able to write it down in my journal fast enough, and now some things are forgotten. Perhaps I can write down a few highlights:

1. Went on 2 cross-Canada tours with celtic fiddle band, The Sky Family. Total traveled distance just for these two tours averaging just over a month long each was over 22,000 miles! We traveled in a 15 passenger van (think homeschool family), with 12 people, pulling a trailer filled with gear and personal bags. When you average over 12 hours a day riding in a van stuffed with people, the fact that no one killed anyone else is qute a miriacle. Not only was there not deaths, but God poured out his grace upon that vehicle, and aside from a handful of dissagreements, there was an amazing sense of unity and peace about us.

2. Last summer, a few of us who usually stay up late at night decided to start going into Charlottetown to street evangelize the people coming out of the bars and clubs. We drive in at about 11 p.m. and stay until 2 or 3 the next morning. God has really blessed our time spent there. Many friendships and interesting connections have come from our street ministry. A few people have really taken what we've said seriously and are seeking the Lord to help them get out of drugs and alcohol. It's amazing to see God work in their lives. It's been a real encouragement to see how God can work through anyone when they step out in fath to reach the lost. Since then we've also started a bible study on Wednesday nights, called QUESTIONS ABOUT JESUS. Anyone is invited, and we've had many of our friends from the street join us.

3. God has really awoken a strong desire to write music and play for His glory. I'm really looking forward to this summer to play out in the fields and sing to the Glory of God. I hope to be able to record some stuff throughout the next few months. If and when I do, I'll try to post it on FB.

I could go on and on. There are so many things that the Lord has done, and is doing in my life, and in the lives of everyone here. Schools over, students are starting to travel back home, and most everyone else is prepping to head out on an 8 week tour down the eastern coast of the states. So for the next two months, It'll pretty much be me and God. I hope to be able to rememeber to post the things I will be learning, in order that you too may be encouraged and strengthened in your walk with our awesome savior.

May God bless you.

2 comments:

Lady Abigail said...

I don't really know you, Josh, but I've watched over the past several years and you've been greatly encouraging to me. It is always inspiring when I meet someone who is so obviously following Yahweh with their WHOLE HEART! Keep at it and may He bless you and give you strength to go on learning and growing in leaps and bounds! Oh yeah, and keep blogging! :)

KaHolly said...

Wow, Josh, has it been 2 years? Wow! ~Auntie Karen