By now I'm sure everyone is used to my post consistency. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: I love working on my blog...but as I've been learning over the past few years, "There are some things that must come first."
God has been teaching me so much, especially in the last few months. I've been struggling like never before...facing things I never could have imagined.
God has allowed me to try to make it on my own for a long time. There have been times I thought I surrendered to God the things that were separating me from Him, only to find there are many more things I was unwilling to let go of. I've had to slowly, one by one, offer up the things I valued more than Him. I noticed a difference, the things I "gave up" in the past were things that I really could live without, they were minor things, easily given up to satisfy my flesh that I was still obeying God, but still holding on to the things that were really "Important" to me.
When I truly let go of something that was distracting me from Him, it was hard. I'm not talking, "Oh this is a bummer to give up, but oh well." I'm talking, "I can't live without this thing. I value this more than anything. God, I can't give this up without your help. Please take this from me."
The change wasn't instantaneous. There was no flash of light or thunderclap. There are things God is still helping me release that i offered to him years ago.
But for all the pain and heartache, for all the times I've fallen willingly into sin, for every time I've cursed God name, for every time I've hurt family, alienated friends, and harmed myself I would not trade ONE MOMENT of sorrow, one twinge of guilt. These painful memories help me remember the Goodness of the Lord. As Voddie Baucham says: "I'm not who I should be, but Hallelujah! I'm not who I was."
I write this for those who are where I am, or even where I was. I write this also for myself, to have a reminder of the Faithfulness of Jesus. I hope you are encouraged as God reveals his UNFAILING love to you in your own circumstances. I'm urge you to take a look at your life. Be honest with yourself, what do you value more than God? Whatever it is, you need to pray about it. Talk to your parents about it. Your parents are vital to your...well, life! I regret not telling my parents about things I was struggling with years ago. They have so much more wisdom than we do, and having others to pray with and to KEEP YOU ACCOUNTABLE is a priceless asset. It's easy to tell yourself that you will cut back on a certain thing when there is no one to answer to if you fall back into a harmful pattern.
So let's recap shall we?
1.Be honest
2.Find out what is distracting you from God
3. Tell you parents, update them frequently, keep the communication open.
4. Pray not only in your personal time, but also with your parents.
5.DO NOT GIVE UP. Just because something doesn't happen immediately, doesn't mean God not working. If God was a Drive-Thru, we wouldn't need faith, or 1 Thess. 6:17: "Pray continually"
6.Remember, you're not who you should be, but Hallelujah! You are not who you were.
For His Honor and Glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment