Pages

We have a humanity too precious in the sight of God to neglect; we know a remedy for the ills of this world that is too wonderful to withhold; we have a Christ who is too glorious to hide; and we have an adventure that is too thrilling to miss. -Garlock

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Memories...

Leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! Don't send an email, just leave a comment on here.

If you want...re-post this on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty cool (and funny) to see the responses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when you called sandwiches "beediches" and try as I might to get you to say it correctly. I would say "SSSSS" which you repeated fine and then I'd say say SSSSANDwhich, and you'd say BEEEEdich!
It's only a memory from your ole Mom, perhaps further back than anyone dare go... but it's a start!
Luv ya!

carilynfly said...

I remember when Josh was 2 or 3 years old and he used to run around naked: "I wanna be naked boy," you'd say. BEAT THAT FOR EMBARRASSING!

Tai Sophia said...

Hmmm...
Well, I remember dubbing you "Sir Joshua the (Good and) Fearless" over Skype, seeing you in person for the first time in a luxurious hotel, talking about swordfighting and other random things at Fort Pocahontas, discussing logo ideas over Skype...good times.
:)
And I still don't think of guys in Sunglasses the same way.

~Lady Tai

Anonymous said...

Well, it took a couple days for me to think over this… having been your cousin for 17½ years there were quite a lot of memories to sort through. :)

Growing up you were known (in our home) to highly exaggerate. You told some of the tallest tales I’ve ever heard! And we believed them! ;) Actually, as we got older we became more cautious (and ran each unbelievable story by Jon to find out what parts were true :), but boy! you sure got some pretty good reactions out of us!

Here’s one particularly crazy story that I’ll never forget (probably because I still wonder why I ever believed it in the first place). You were playing “hide-and-go-seek-in-the-dark” with your friends, so the story goes. In the pitch-black darkness you accidentally ran headfirst into a cement pole. The damage done to your skull was so great that, after a unbelievable number of stitches, the doctor made you wear a football-helmet for two months to hold it all together… (I am dying of laughter as I write this!) I can still recall our open mouths and “no way!” remarks. You kept the straightest face and the story became more and more dramatic and pitiful until we were full of sympathy. I remember wondering why-in-the-world we had never heard about this terrible tragedy before!

You really were “something else”! What would we ever do without you…

Note to Josh’s friends (who are wondering how many times they have fallen prey to his colorful narratives): my cousin has improved tremendously over the years, and though he may pull a “well-meaning” joke now and then, it is very rare that I doubt the truthfulness of his word… :)

Jonathan said...

I remember when you accidentally deleted all of the photos off my digital camera. Or was that someone else? I wasn't too happy at the time but its funny to think about now.